Note : It is recommended to carry out the Spot test at least 48hrs prior to treatment to choose a safe treatment level for your skin.
Prior to use, make sure your skin is shaved, clean and dry (free of any residue such as powders, creams, makeup, antiperspirants or deodorants).
1. Having followed Duo set-up steps above, press the power button to turn on the device. The LED indicator for level 1 will illuminate.
2. The device sets itself on the lowest energy level. Use the power button to increase the energy level to reach the level determined in the spot test and according to your convenience. The energy level lights will light up blue (AFT)/white (IPL) according to the selected level.
3. Place the applicator treatment window on the required treatment area with full contact to the skin (the applicator will not trigger a pulse if there is not full skin contact and the green 'ready' indicator light will stop flashing but remain illuminated when the device is in good contact with the skin).
4. Dependent on the energy level selected the device can be used in two ways:
Freeglide method (AFT): This is the method used on energy levels 1-3. Hold the pulse button down continuously and slowly move the device over the skin maintaining constant contact. In this mode it is necessary to repeatedly pass the device over the same area up to 5 times to ensure maximum coverage N.B. The higher the level the slower you will need to glide the device. This is because the more energy
released, the slower the pulse rate.
Single shot method (IPL): This is the recommended method to use for high energy levels 4-5. With the treatment window in contact with the skin, press the trigger button and wait for the flash. Only shoot once before moving the device to the next treatment area ensuring there are no gaps or overlaps in the treated area. Wait for the status indicator LED to stop flashing (up to 3.5 seconds) before pressing the pulse button again.
During both treatment methods you will see a bright flash, hear a popping noise and may feel a mild stinging and/or heat sensation.
1. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the chosen area has been treated. The product should not be used for more than 30 minutes at one time. After 30 minutes are up, switch the device off and unplug from the wall. NB: If the device is left on but not used for approximately 3 minutes it will
automatically switch itself off. If this has happened, press the power button to turn the device back on.